Live Now!

  • days

  • hrs

  • mins

  • secs

Next
Service

Church of His Presence

Engage Young Adults

More About Engage Young Adults

Engage Young Adults Vision & Mission

According to the Barna group’s survey, Only one-fifth of twentysomethings (20%) have maintained a level of spiritual activity consistent with their high school experiences. What about the other 80%. The study also show that 61% of them are not actively attending church, reading the Bible, or praying! (Barna Group 2006)[1]

There are over 70 million people between the ages of 18-35 in the U.S. with energy, ideas, creativity, and passion.[2] Each one of them were purchased by the precious blood of Jesus Christ on the cross. The passion of God has never changed: “...He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.” (2 Peter 3:9, NIV) So, does it mean that our young adults don’t want God? Certainly not! The young adults also have a human spirit deep within them and this spirit - like our phycial stomach, when empty, will feel hungry and dissatisfied - when empty, void of God, sense of inner hunger in the depths of their being occurs. They need God just as much as the deer pants for streams of water (Psalm 42:1)

God’s agenda is the main thing in our church. God was not created for us, but the we are created for God. Isaiah 43:7 very bluntly states why we were created. It says, "Everyone who is called by my name, and whom I have created for My glory, whom I have formed, even whom, I have made."

We are inviting young men and women who know that “there is got to be more”, who are hungry for the glory and presence of God to join hands in bringing this generation back to God for His Glory!

Join us today! Contact us at YoungAdults@ChurchofHisPresence.org. Let’s live a glory-of-God centered life.

________________________

[1] Barna Group 2006. Most Twentysomethings Put Christianity on the Shelf Following Spiritually Active Teen Years. http://www.barna.org/barna-update/article/16-teensnext-gen/147-most-twentysomethings-put-christianity-on-the-shelf-following-spiritually-active-teen-years?q=college+transition (Accessed September 11, 2006)

[2] U.S. Census Bureau. S0101. Age and Sex. http://factfinder.census.gov/servlet/STTable?_bm=y&-geo_id=01000US&-qr_name=ACS_2009_5YR_G00_S0101&-ds_name=ACS_2009_5YR_G00_ (Accessed July 4, 2011)